It’s that time of month again! Time for me to ramble on and on about my child.
- This month we were able to get Kenny into the local pediatrician! I know this sounds really silly, but you wouldn’t believe how hard it has been trying to get him in to be able to see a doctor here in town. Seriously. They only accept newborns because they have so many patients, so I was going to have to drive 40 minutes to another city. After begging and pleading, the lady finally gave me the tip to try calling the first of the month at 8:30 am right when they open up. You better believe I was doing nothing but staring at my cell phone for the 10 minutes leading up to 8:30. Thankfully, it worked. I was so excited! Ken told me, “Man, the way you’re acting it’s like Kenny got into college or something.”
- I think this past month has been my favorite month thus far. Don’t get me wrong, I have loved every month, but I have especially loved this stage. I think the major reason for this is because, for the most part, we have naps down. (I hate to write this down in internet ink because I am afraid that I am going to jinx myself. It seems like whenever I feel like I have finally got a schedule, everything hits the ceiling fan and we start over. Hopefully that doesn’t happen.) Kenny usually takes three naps a day. The first one is typically about an hour after he wakes up for the day and then the other two are about two or so hours after he wakes up.
<< Doesn’t it look like he is taking a selfie in this picture? Haha so cute.>>
- We did a summer reading program with Kenny at the library. When we turned in his completion form, they gave him a medal. I put it around his neck to get a few pictures of him, and then this string of pictures came about:
<<1: “What? You’re telling me that my medal could be fake?!”
2. Only one way to find out . . .
3. “Man, I got ripped off!”>>
- Kenny has graduated to sitting up in the shopping cart!
<<First time sitting up in the cart. It looked like he was holding on for dear life.>>
- Kenny has also managed to get himself into the crawling position a few times. I have really tried not pushing him to start doing this, but he has just kind of figured this out on his own. (And with the help of his Uncle Jake.) I’m a bit reluctant for him to become mobile.
- Oh, and just this morning he managed to pull himself up from a sitting position to a standing position. Gah! Nothing is going to be safe soon.
- And little boy just loves to babble now days. He makes the “ddd” sound, “mmm” sound, and “yyyaaa” sound. (With a whole lot of other nonsense that only him and other babies seem to understand.)
<<Love this BYU football jersey! Raising this kid right.>>
- And this kid loves bookmarks! Seriously, he is such a sneak! Usually when I feed him, I am reading a book, so when he is done I sit him up to burp him. He immediately lunges for the book and swipes the bookmark out. Tricky kid that one.
<<This is a bookmark from Ken’s dad’s book called Civil War Saints. On the left is what a new one looks like and on the right is the one that has been destroyed from Kenny. He just wanted to make the bookmark look like it was from the Civil War era ;)>>
So that basically sums up the growing babe. And now for your viewing pleasure, feast your eyes upon my gangster, hoodlum child.
Looks like he is listening to his tunes. As I always say to Ken, “Am I right or am I right?” (And p.s. I actually never say that to Ken. It is just a known fact. ;)