So is it appropriate to say yeehaw because it is Halloween? Because I just did. And also hallelujah the Halloween etsy orders are complete. Phew.
^^^As you can see I wrote this 5 days ago… with the intentions of posting it. I am getting closer to writing/posting to when he actually becomes a month older. Baby steps. (Pun intended)
^^^I love how intrigued he is by his big brother. Love these two!
So 9 months, eh? What have I learned about mister Reed in 9 months?
- Kid loves to eat. Ermygosh he loves food. He gets.so very excited when I pull food out… Even when it is water. He kicks his feet and flaps his arms while making an excited squeal. And he is going to break our bank with how much he can eat! (But seriously we’ve had to increase our food budget.) This is such a shock to me because Kenny would maybe eat a quarter of a banana and that was it. Reed will eat a whole banana, a jar of baby food, and two teething biscuits before he will slow down.
- Subsequently, he knows how to nap like a champ. Yesterday for his morning nap he slept for 2 hours and 45 min, and for his afternoon nap he slept for an hour and a half. Child after my heart.
- He is able to pull himself up to standing and he attempts to cruise. Not completely confident in his abilities to do this yet, though.
- He loves baths. Does the excited bird flappy thing for this, too.
- Has blonde hair. I’m sure I’ve said this before but it is blonde, and it is hard to see that in pics. It is fairly long, but again, hard to see in pics.
- Adores Kenny. And daddy. And uncle Jake. (Have I said yet that my brother is living with us for the time being? He has been here for 2 months)
- Has a preference for playing with balls. Heads straight for one to play with it if he sees one.
- Does the excited bird thing if I walk upstairs. It is because our playroom is upstairs, and he loves getting down and playing with all the toys.
- Learned how to blow raspberries. He enjoys scooting over to me, climbing up, and blowing bubbles on my arm.
- Can “say” “Dada”.
- Understands his name
- Loves to be called “Reedy” (I actually have no idea if this is true, but that’s what we will occasionally call him)
- Gets so excited when Kenny jumps on his bed. He scoots over to Kenny’s bed as quickly as he can, sits up to watch, and just laughs and laughs.
And an update on Kenny because I feel like it has been awhile for him:
^^^Can you just see how much Reed loves Kenny in this picture?
^^^Sorry for the blur. Had to include it.
^^^”Get back here, Reedy!”
- Is learning his letters. Can “draw” a ‘k’ and some numbers. Knows and recognizes b, k, h, t, s, 2, and 4.
^^^number 4… I didn’t even teach him this. Today he just said, “mama, look! Number 2!” Lol
- Is in the “why” phase where he asks why after everything. (How long does this last? Lol)
- Loves to have bread with grape jelly. He has that nearly every day for breakfast. And everyday he will eat around the crust because he doesn’t like it.
- Kenny likes to swish his feet to go to sleep. It is funny that he does this because I do this when I’m about to fall asleep, too. I never thought anything of my feet swishing (I didn’t even realize that I did it) until Ken pointed it out to me. Apparently, it isn’t too uncommon and some people do it subconsciously to fall asleep.
- He also has learned to eat his PB&J sandwiches so he maximizes jam consumption. He folds it so he only eats all the jam and then claims he isn’t hungry when the jam is gone, so he doesn’t have to eat the peanut butter.
^^^He got to go to a Farmers of America club at the local high school with some friends.
- Loves slides. Definitely his favorite part of parks. He will go up and down consistently over and over. We got an early Christmas present for the boys. A swingset. Kenny is loving having his own slide in the backyard, but it has been especially raining, so he hasn’t been able to use it as much as he would like. Reed gets so excited seeing Kenny go down the slide. More excited even than when he goes down.
^^^Setting it up
Happy November, y’all!