Kenny is speaking full, cohesive sentences now and can easily hold a conversation. The other day the sister missionaries were over, and Kenny said, “So… how was your day?” A completely normal question to ask, but it is so weird to hear it come from a toddler.
Anyway, here are some of the funny ones from the last little bit:
- “Nana, I can’t understand you. My mouth is full.”
- Nana said to Kenny, “Do you know you have a good Mommy and Daddy?” To which Kenny said, “I have a good mama, but daddy messes up with me.” (Had to memorialize this one because it is no secret that Kenny likes to play with daddy more than mommy.)
- We were driving in the car, and the sun started shining in Kenny’s eyes. Upset, he said to me, “Mama! The sun is making me shy!” (Because he had to hide his face from the brightness of the sun… so since he was hiding his face, he was “shy”.)
- Driving to the store. Kenny: “Oh shoot! We forgot my quarter to buy doughnuts!” (So funny/weird to hear a two-year-old (at the time) say ‘Oh shoot’. Plus, doughnuts? You were planning on this?)
- The nursery teacher told me that Kenny was playing with playdough and he told her that he was making cookies. She asked if she could have one to eat, to which he said, “no, they’re not burnt yet.” … thanks, kid. I don’t burn them all the time.
A completely unrelated picture, but it has been so fun the last few days to be able to play outside, so I had to find an excuse to include it.